David Guetta (whose first name is actually Pierre) is one of the contenders for the throne of “King of the DJs.” After working the nightclub scene in his native France in the 1980s and 1990s, Guetta broke out as a producer of electronic music in 2002, with his début album ‘Just a Little More Love.’ It took him a few more tries — with the albums ‘Guetta Blaster’ (2004) and ‘Pop Life’ (2007) — before he hit mainstream success in 2009 with ‘One Love.’ The album included number one hit singles ‘When Love Takes Over’ (featuring Destiny’s Child alumnus Kelly Rowland) and ‘Sexy Bitch’ (featuring Akon). The “Guetta Blaster” is now on the speed dial of any artist who wants to break through to a growing global audience of electronic dance music lovers. This DJ has sold 15 million singles (and 6 million albums) worldwide and was voted the number one DJ in the “DJ Mag Top 100 DJs” fan poll in 2011.
Did you know?
All that artist David Guetta needs to create his club hits is his laptop . . . and his super creative brain!
1. When Love Takes Over | 2009 (with K. Rowland)
2. Sexy Chick | 2009 (with Akon)
3. Club Can’t Handle Me | 2010 (with Flo Rida)
4. Titanium | 2011 (with Sia)
5. Without You | 2011 (with Usher)
6. Turn Me On | 2011 (with N. Minaj)
7. Where Them Girls At | 2011 (with Flo Rida and N. Minaj)
8. Lovers On The Sun | 2014 (with S. Martin)
9. She Wolf (Falling To Pieces) | 2012 (with Sia)
10. Who’s That Chick | 2011 (with Rihanna)